[xsl] Creating doctype-system value dynamically

Subject: [xsl] Creating doctype-system value dynamically
From: "Derek Revill" <derek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:20:36 +0100

Hello,

Is it possible to generate the value for a doctype-system attribute (on and
<xsl:output>) dynamically - i.e. referencing a variable, or using an XPath
expression?

I'm using XSLT v2.0 and Saxon 8.4.

Reading M. Kay's book it says that the doctype-system attribute takes a
string as its value. I tried a few tests using variables and expressions but
these were faithfully reproduced as literal strings values.

I'd like to do something like:

<xsl:variable name="v_dtd-sys-path" select="resolve-uri('DTD/',
base-uri($v_stylesheet-node))" as="xs:anyURI"/>

<xsl:output
name="isoxml"
method="xml"
encoding="UTF-8"
doctype-public="-//UBA//DTD ISO 12083:1993 Article UBA extensions//EN"
doctype-system="$v_dtd-sys-path"
indent="yes"/>

but have $v_dtd-sys-path evaluated at run time.

I want to create the system path to the DTD relative to wherever my
stylesheet is running from on the file system.

Any ideas on how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Derek Revill

http://www.revill.demon.co.uk