[xsl] Param Element

Subject: [xsl] Param Element
From: Karl Stubsjoen <kstubs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 11:13:14 -0700

Ok,
I have a slight dilemna in that the single param I am passing to my
stylesheet is the exact copy of the xml source (all though maybe not).
 For sure the structure is the same and a good chance that a few new
elements will exist in the param element.  How do I merge the two
ending up with the unique result of both of them?  The good news is, I
have a unique ID field.
One other dilemna:  in order for the transformation to not complain, I
have to do a select on my parameter declerations which looks like:

<xsl:param name="xm" select="/" />

But since the source is the exact same as the parameter xml, how does
the select know which source to grab from?  Also, the above causes an
overflow when the below transformation is processed, but I need the
top level element of the paramter, which is in_proc, so would it be
correct to express select as:  select="in_proc"?

<xsl:output method="xml"/>
<xsl:param name="xm" select="in_proc" />

<xsl:template match="/">
	<in_proc>
		<xsl:apply-templates select="node() | @*"/>
	</in_proc>