Re: [xsl] numbering/count()

Subject: Re: [xsl] numbering/count()
From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 10:44:44 -0400

On 5/20/05, Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you actually want footnotes along with citations that are not *inside*
> footnotes, that would be
>
>       <xsl:number level="any" count="db:footnote |
> db:citation[not(ancestor::db:footnote)]"/>
>
> Please forgive the intrusion if I've misconstrued what you're trying to do.

Yes, you've got it right again Wendell.  I actually meant to change
that, but got distracted with the bigger issue.

I'm now thinking I may have to do something like have a named template
called footcite that then gets called from both the db:footnote and
b:citation templates.  But I'm not sure how xsl:number would work in
that context.

It would be nice to get some feedback before I go off on a wild
goosechase though!  A function that could correctly count these
footnote/citations would be ideal.

Bruce