Re: [xsl] alternate background color for

Subject: Re: [xsl] alternate background color for <tr>
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 11:37:31 -0400

Ranjan,

Oo this is bad. You are "tag-writing". This is *not* recommended practice in XSLT -- it is error-prone, hard to debug, and unnecessary. (The tip-off is your disable-output-escaping construct "&lt;tr" etc.) XSLT's own preferred approach, tree-building, is generally much easier to do once you get the hang of it.

In order to solve the problem you are facing, you'd be best off solving the deeper problem of how you are creating your table rows at all. It's easy enough to show you this if we can see more of your code, preferably with a sample of the input it processes. (You can rewrite the example to something safe if it's sensitive information that shouldn't be shared, as long as the XML is organized the same way.)

What you are trying to do is very routine, and not difficult. But it won't look anything like what you have now.

Post a larger sample, including the template that calles this template, and we'll be much more able be able to help.

Cheers,
Wendell