RE: [xsl] A parameter current context or context passed

Subject: RE: [xsl] A parameter current context or context passed
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 21:49:20 +0100

> Hmm.  So if I excpicitly pass in my context through my param
> "current", doesn't the "/" resolve the same as the "." for the
> variable passed in?

If you explicitly pass a value for the parameter then the select expression
in xsl:param is irrelevant: it's only used when you don't supply a value.

You're using language here "resolve the same as.. for the variable" which I
don't understand; it would be easier if you used the language of the
specification. You don't pass a variable to a template, you pass a value.

The expression ". | /" (or current() | /) returns one node if the context
node is the root of a tree; it returns a node-set containing two nodes if
the context node is not the root of the tree.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/