RE: [xsl] Multiple CDATA tags...again

Subject: RE: [xsl] Multiple CDATA tags...again
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 20:26:42 +0100

> So I need to download SAXON and use it as my parser?
> Easy? Not easy? Open-source? Any advice appreciated...

Since you're already using Java, you shouldn't find it difficult. It can be
run from the command line, or from a Java application using the same JAXP
API that Xalan supports.

You can get the open source version from http://saxon.sf.net/ and the
commercial version from http://www.saxonica.com/

The saxon:parse() extension is only available in Saxon 8.x, which implements
the XSLT 2.0 specification. XSLT 2.0 is becoming very stable but isn't quite
a Recommendation yet. There are quite a few other XSLT 2.0 features that can
make it easier to tackle the kind of problem you've got, for example string
manipulation using regular expressions.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com