Re: [xsl] Recognized Unicode characters?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Recognized Unicode characters?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 17:06:19 +0100

  Setting the encoding to US-ASCII seems to be an agreeable solution, but when
  I set the encoding to "US-ASCII", I get a message that it is not supported
  (using insant saxon).

ie using the MS JVM and as I commenetd earlier in the thread som
eversions of that don't know that encoding. You can use iso-8859-1
(latin1) with pretty much the same effect in this case.

That will mean that western european accented letters will be output as
character data in latin1 encoding, but other caracters, such as your
dash will be output as character references.

David

http://www.star.net.uk