Re: [xsl] How do I display data one item at a time?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How do I display data one item at a time?
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 12:02:49 -0500

Hi, Max,

I thought you had a directory element wrapped around each set of
staffPersonal, staffOffice, and StaffTitle elements. If so, applying those
templates from the match="directory" template ought to get just one item
for each value. If your structure is different (directory element wraps
more than one entry), then you've run into  situation where for-each might
help. However, if you need to group each set of three elements, for-each
won't be enough. At that point, you have a grouping problem. (Recognizing
when you have a grouping problem can be a bit subtle - one of those things
for which you'll develop a feel as you hone your XSLT skills.)

I don't see enough here to know why it broke. I suspect that I didn't know
enough about your data structure. So, please show us a more complete view
of your data (as small as possible but enough to illustrate the current
problem).

Busy day today, so I may be slow on answers until I get home.

Thanks.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services