Re: [xsl] Placing a DOCTYPE in an XSL file

Subject: Re: [xsl] Placing a DOCTYPE in an XSL file
From: "Joe Fawcett" <joefawcett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 17:58:31 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jaime Stuardo" <jstuardo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 5:53 PM
Subject: [xsl] Placing a DOCTYPE in an XSL file

Hi all..

I need to place this definition in an XSL:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN">

I tried just after the prolog, and in other parts but I get always errors. Ho can I do it?

Thanks
Jaime

If you want to output a document with a DTD declaration you need to use the xsl:output element =>

<xsl:output method = "xml" | "html" | "text" | QName version = nmtoken encoding = string omit-xml-declaration = "yes" | "no" standalone = "yes" | "no" doctype-public = string doctype-system = string cdata-section-elements = QNames indent = "yes" | "no" media-type = string />

doctype-public: Specifies the public identifier to be used in the DTD.
doctype-system: Specifies the system identifier to be used in the DTD.

Joe

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=8AA9D5F5-E1C2-44C7-BCE8-8741D22D17A5