RE: [xsl] Splitting multiple node occurrences into separate xmls

Subject: RE: [xsl] Splitting multiple node occurrences into separate xmls
From: "Vishwajit Pantvaidya" <pantvaidya@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:49:27 -0700

Thanks Michael.

> I need to do a transformation that will take an input xml
> string in a format
> that is something like
> and apart from transforming it, will split the multiple node
> occurrences for
> "a" into different xml's i.e.
> xml[1]=<a>1</a>
> xml[2]=<a>2</a>...

XSLT 2.0 solution:

<xsl:template match="a">
  <xsl:result-document href="file{position()}.xml">
    <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
  </xsl:result-document>
</xsl:template>

Some XSLT 1.0 processors have extensions that do similar things.

So here, I guess the multiple output xmls are created as files. Is there anyway that the xml's can instead be returned to the java program that called the transformation, so that the program does not have to read them from disk?

Thanks and regards,

Vishwajit.