RE: [xsl] Java Transformation

Subject: RE: [xsl] Java Transformation
From: "Kirkham, Pete (UK)" <pete.kirkham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:58:24 +0100

XQuery may be what you're looking for, eg:

define function print-title ($t as element()) {
  typeswitch ($t)
    case element(preface) return
    case element(chapter) return
    case element(section) return
    default return ()
}

vs

<xsl:template match="preface|chapter">
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="section">
</xsl:template>

Not that I've used it, as I'd rather think in terms of transformations than
procedures, though for some of the hairier things I do in terms of code
generation the non-xml syntax may outweight the difference.

Pete