RE: [xsl] Transforming XML Blockquotes - Mixed Content - XSLT 1.0 Solution

Subject: RE: [xsl] Transforming XML Blockquotes - Mixed Content - XSLT 1.0 Solution
From: "Edward Bryant" <bryant_edward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:59:42 -0500

It's not so much that I even want to use DOE, as I feel as if I am being pushed into it. It seems as if the alternative is either (1) the possibility of an overly complex solution, (2) living with bugs introduced by IE, (3) present the document text in a grammatically incorrect manner, or (4) change the source XML to a more IE friendly but logically incorrect format.

Isn't DOE the lesser of the 4 evils?

I guess that's why I asked the question, because I am both pissed that there is no easy solution for a common situation and, without the level of experience of others here, I feel unable to differentiate between the "evils" of the choices I am now faced with.

How did the creators of XSL envision the handling of these nested block level elements?