Re: [xsl] breaking string into substrings or arrays

Subject: Re: [xsl] breaking string into substrings or arrays
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 06:15:50 +1000

On 4/20/05, Ali Choumane <ali.choumane@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the same problem but with more delimeters, i can't know the kind of
the
> first delimeter.
>  e.g  <Value>[Alpha, Beta; Gamma: Alpha .Beta]</Value>
>
> In my project I am dealing with at least 10 delimeters ?
>
> can I use tokenize() ? should I  download libraries to use this function?

With FXSL (for XSLT 1.0) one can use the str-split-to-words contained
in the file
strSplit-to-Words2.xsl.

It allows a string of delim,iters to be specified as a parameter.

First introduced in  2001  here:

            http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200111/msg00905.ht
ml

In FXSL for XSLT 2.0 I recently introduced a more performant function:
getWords(), which produced about 28000 words from the text of
Shakespeare's "Othello" in about 6 seconds.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev