RE: [xsl] Preventing tags from collapsing

Subject: RE: [xsl] Preventing tags from collapsing
From: "Andrew Welch" <ajwelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:34:11 +0100

> We have yet to find a way to stop tags containing no content
> from being
> collapsed :
>
> e.g.

> This is sending us barking as browsers do not treat the two different
> renditions equally.
>
> Does anybody have any suggestion?

Yes - move to an XSLT 2.0 processor (Saxon) and use the XHTML output
method - it's the only way you'll keep your sanity.

I was asking for a 'don't minimise' feature long ago as in the real
world this simple thing causes so many problems...

You'll most likely get many suggestions about putting in comments, post
processing etc but ultimately if you can move to Saxon 8.4 you'll be
barking a lot less :)

cheers
andrew