RE: [xsl] viewing as a html

Subject: RE: [xsl] viewing as a html
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 12:58:16 +0100

>    I am having &lt;sub&gt;P&lt;/sub&gt; tag in my xml file i
> am trying to
> view the contents in the browser. But in browser it is displaying as
> <sub>p</sub> not by displaying subscript of P.

Of course it is. Someone has carefully escaped the angle brackets to say
"don't treat these as markup, treat them as ordinary "<" and ">"
characters". So that's what the system is doing.

When you are faced with incorrect input like this, disable-output-escaping
can sometimes get you out of the mess. See yesterday's messages on this
list.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/