RE: [xsl] xls:for-each not working

Subject: RE: [xsl] xls:for-each not working
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 14:03:38 -0600

Hi, Josh,

If you don't succeed this time around, post more of your stylesheet next
time. When I see a named template go by with no other context, I often
wonder whether part of the problem isn't being caused by whatever code
calls the named template. Also, I strongly suspect that your problem could
be more easily solved by XSLT's usual processing model of matching
templates and the apply-templates statement rather than named templates.

In other words, I bet we can help you more if you show us more.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communcation Services

josh higgins <doopsterus@xxxxxxxxx>
04/01/2005 01:56 PM
Please respond to
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
RE: [xsl] xls:for-each not working

ok fellaz thanks!  I will give it a shot! Thanks!!!

--- Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A path expression starting with "/" selects from the
> root of the document.
> You have written:
>
>                <xsl:for-each select="/invoice/detail/row">
>                                <fo:block>
>                                                <xsl:value-of
select="/transaction_detail"/>
>                                </fo:block>
>
>                </xsl:for-each>
>
> You want to select the transaction_detail as a child
> of the row, so leave
> out the "/".
>
> Michael Kay
> http://www.saxonica.com/