RE: [xsl] namespaces in xslt

Subject: RE: [xsl] namespaces in xslt
From: omprakash.v@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 17:46:16 +0530

Hi,
     By "detailed navigational expressions" if you mean using indices like
[1], [2] etc in my xpath, I was only using it bcos I could be sure that
(just now realized).  However, I will try to follow your advise in future.

Cheers,
Omprakash.V

                    "Michael Kay"
                    <mike@saxonic        To:     <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    a.com>               cc:     (bcc: omprakash.v/Polaris)
                    04/01/2005
                    05:35 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    xsl-list

Your root element has only one child, it is a <tr> element. So root/*[2]
selects nothing. The <slideshow> is a child of the <tr>.

You seem to be trying to write detailed navigational expressions to reach
specific nodes in your source document. This isn't very robust, you will
have to make lots of changes when the source changes. It's much better to
write template rules to process each kind of element, and then recurse down
the tree using xsl:apply-templates.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/