RE: [xsl] (newby) extraction of CDATA nodes to different XML files

Subject: RE: [xsl] (newby) extraction of CDATA nodes to different XML files
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 10:28:28 +0100

Can't be done in XSLT: CDATA is not considered to be information-bearing in
the XPath data model. In other words,

<![CDATA[xyz]]>

is exactly the same content as

xyz

just as a="3" and a='3' are considered simply as two different ways of
writing the same thing.

If you have used CDATA in your source document to convey information that
needs to be retained, consider a textual transformation (e.g. in Perl) to
replace the CDATA delimiters by element start and end tags.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/