Re: [xsl] namespace value output at weird location

Subject: Re: [xsl] namespace value output at weird location
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 01:39:33 +0100

  I guess what I don't understand, then, is why that

  --------------
  TUTOR: Select Colors for House Painting<br xmlns:jtt="http://mil.jcsj2t.jtt30"><ol xmlns:jtt="http://mil.jcsj2t.jtt30">

The namespace node is copied to the li element in the result tree, but
no namespace declaration is generated when the tree is serialised as
it's already in scope (from the surrounding ol)

You presumably didn't use a literal <html> to generate the top level
element in the result  otherwise that element would have got the
namespace node and so generated a namespace declaration there and no
other namespace declarations would be generated as that would be in
scope over the whole document.

  So is "exclude-result-prefixes=" boilerplate then when
  namespaces other than xsl are included in a stylesheet?

yes, if the namespaces are just in the stylesheet for internal purposes
or for querying the source but not needed in the result.

David

http://www.star.net.uk