RE: [xsl] "...how a few lines of XQuery can often do more than a large XSLT stylesheet."

Subject: RE: [xsl] "...how a few lines of XQuery can often do more than a large XSLT stylesheet."
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:17:18 -0000

>...how a few lines of
> XQuery can often do more than a large XSLT stylesheet."

I'm glad no-one has ever asked me to provide a technical justification of a
50-word summary that I wrote with the intention of persuading people to come
and hear what I actually had to say.

If we tone down the adjectives, as one has to do with this kind of prose,
the message is that XQuery can sometimes do things with fewer lines of code
than XSLT, and that's undisputable.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/