RE: [xsl] XSL DOCTYPE

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSL DOCTYPE
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 21:45:17 -0000

No, the DOCTYPE is not present in the data model passed as input to the
transformation.

I think I would tackle this requirement by writing a pre-filter that wraps
the DOCTYPE declaration up ina structured XML representation, and a
post-filter that does the reverse. Since this is a common requirement, it
would be nice to see someone package this up as an off-the-peg component.

Saxon has an extension saxon:doctype which enables you to generate a DOCTYPE
(that is, a DTD internal subset) in the serialized output, but it doesn't
offer anything on the input side.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/