Re: [xsl] escaping/entities on the fly?

Subject: Re: [xsl] escaping/entities on the fly?
From: "Gabriel K." <gabriel.klappenbach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 22:29:23 +0100

That solution did not work for me, but maybe it's just outlook express that doesn't do what the rfs wants it to?

My link is created like this:

<a>
<xsl:attribute name="href">
mailto:<xsl:value-of select="$_settings/supportMail"/>?subject=
<xsl:value-of select="$_shared/serviceName"/>: <xsl:value-of select="$_fullName"/>&#32;<xsl:value-of select="mir:KNP"/>

   </xsl:attribute>
<xsl:value-of select="$_shared/mailLink/responsible"/>
</a>

the output of <xsl:value-of select="$_fullName"/> can be "kabelskep" for instance.
So how do you suggest I modify the code?

I tested to change the encoding in outlook, so that it reads the mail as UTF-8, and then it displays the character correctly ("kabelskep").
However, most e-mail clients will be set to use ISO-8859-1, that's the problem.

/Gabriel

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Rodgers" <kevin.rodgers@xxxxxxx>