Re: [xsl] xsl:template having both name and match

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:template having both name and match
From: Colin Paul Adams <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03 Mar 2005 12:42:00 +0000

    Mukul> This means that we can write a xsl:template having *both*
    Mukul> name and match attributes..

    Mukul> I want to know in which circumstances such a template
    Mukul> definition is useful.. Can somebody please provide an
    Mukul> example where this has real practical use..?

This is used extensively in FXSL for XSLT2.

Where a test does not require any source document, then the initial
template is defined like:

<xsl:template match="/" name="initial"> etc.

Then you can invoke the test from the command line, without having to
supply a source XML document.

But this is not convenient for Dmitre, as he uses some development
environment, which makes it awkward (I don't know the details). So the
matxh ="/" is retained for this purpose.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire