Re: [xsl] Using attributes and elements and text

Subject: Re: [xsl] Using attributes and elements and text
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:48:18 -0500

Antonio,

At 01:03 PM 2/24/2005, you wrote:
So it seems the rule is:

"There are no rules, find your own" ?

I'd say it's rather more like the question, "should I use a brush or a roller?"

That is, there is a correct answer, but the rules are difficult to generalize, and discussions confused by parties speaking at cross-purposes when they make different assumptions (like a house painter arguing with a graffiti artist). More information is necessary to make the question really meaningful. Also, sometimes it matters, and sometimes it doesn't.

When it does matter, it's obvious what works and what doesn't.

Cheers,
Wendell

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:45:27 -0000, Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I have never see a conclusive definition on when using attributes
> > instead of elements
>
> The usual reference is
>
> http://xml.coverpages.org/elementsAndAttrs.htm

"Thus I make my own use of the telegraph, without consulting
the directors, like the sparrows, which I perceive use it
extensively for a perch." -- Thoreau