[xsl] Navigating XML when loaded using Javascript.

Subject: [xsl] Navigating XML when loaded using Javascript.
From: Adam_Wetch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:30:22 -0800

I am new to the xsl list, but it appears to be a very informative and
helpful place. Hopefully i can find some help.

I am loading some xml using javascript, but cannot figure out how to
navigate it properly.  I can do it with a data island, but for some reason
cannot quite get it to work when loading it with javascript.

Here is some of the loading javascript:

        XMLdata="file.xml";
        XMLfile = new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.DomDocument");
        XMLfile.async = false;
        XMLfile.setProperty("SelectionLanguage", "XPath");
        XMLfile.validateOnParse = false;
        XMLfile.resolveExternals = false;
        XMLfile.load(XMLdata);

Just to give an example of how I am doing it.

Previous data island code:
<xml id="XMLfile" src="file.xml">

Previously I would use an external javascript file with somthing like:

        XMLfile.recordset.moveLast();
        currentRecord = XMLfile.recordset.recordcount - 1;

etc...

Any ideas?