[xsl] document URI resolution.

Subject: [xsl] document URI resolution.
From: "Morgan, Corey" <CMorgan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:54:56 -0700

Hello,

There is a document on our system that is defined by the URI:
http://www.ourcompany.com/clients.xml .  This URI doesn't physically exist,
but rather is resolved in various ways (in Java) to a physical Source via a
URIResolver, an EntityResolver, or an XML-Catalog.

I would like to process this document via the document() function, as in:

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" ... >

    <xsl:template match="d:cli">
      <xsl:param
name="doc-name">http://www.ourcompany.com/clients.xml</xsl:param>
      <xsl:apply-templates
select="document($doc-name)/c:clients/c:client[...]" />

  </xsl:stylesheet>

With the hopes that the transformer can resolve it as well.  When using
Xalan-2.6.2, setting the URIResolver on a TransformerFactory instance works
well to resolve the <xsl:import> hrefs, but won't resolve document()
sources.  It will complain with:

     Can not load requested doc: http://www.ourcompany.com/clients.xml

I can't just define the physical location of the document in a global
<xsl:param>, because I can't know what the $doc-name URI will always be.

Is there a way to configure the TransformerFactory to also resolve
document() URI's ?

Thanks,
Corey Morgan