Re: [xsl] DTDs and offline processing

Subject: Re: [xsl] DTDs and offline processing
From: omprakash.v@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 16:07:42 +0530

Hi,
         You can download the DTD and any ent files it is referring to and
save a copy in the same folder as your xml file sometime when you are
online. You then only have to replace the URI of your DTD with the local
filename and that should solve your problem.

Regards,
Omprakash.V

                    Tom
                    Schutzer-Weis        To:     XSL <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    smann                cc:     (bcc: omprakash.v/Polaris)
                    <trmsw@yahoo.        Subject:     [xsl] DTDs and offline processing
                    co.uk>

                    02/01/2005
                    03:53 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    xsl-list

I run into problems using Saxon on documents containing a DOCTYPE
declaration because it tried to look up the DTD even when I'm offline.
Is there a way to avoid this, short of removing the declaration?

The other problem is that without the DTD, entities can't be looked up,
so  I get an error. From what I could see in the FAQs, the only way
round that is to temporarily change &thing; into [[AMP]]something_else;,
with sed. Any alternatives?

regards,
Tom SW

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in