Re: [xsl] namespace reference in xsl without being attribute in outputxml

Subject: Re: [xsl] namespace reference in xsl without being attribute in outputxml
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:02:46 GMT

  KK: My goal was to match what I thought was the correct document.  I
  have asked for a real sample from the customer directly but have not
  received one, yet.  I do not know that the form would be a problem.

since the dtd defaults the xmlns:ce attribute, any XML application
that's using an XML parser that reads the DTD will see the same input
whether or not the attribute is explictly there. So in a pure XML view
of the world having that attribute in the file can not cause a problem.

The problem of course is that some wicked people (including er me:-)
don't always use XML tools to process XML files, sometimes they go
grep "<serial-issue>" file.xml
and get upset when the search for that string failed as the file
actually has
<serial-issue xmlns:ce=" http://www.elsevier.com/xml/common/dtd ">
and grep doesn't use an XML parser to add dtd defined defaults before
doing a search...

David

http://www.star.net.uk