Re: [xsl] SAXON 8 - Error at element constructor

Subject: Re: [xsl] SAXON 8 - Error at element constructor
From: Colin Paul Adams <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 25 Jan 2005 12:39:36 +0000

    Tommy> But anyway, I'm planning to use this function in my
    Tommy> stylesheet, but I don't understand the error "XT1170:
    Tommy> Cannot resolve relative URI: no protocol:".

    Tommy> What does it mean and why do I get it?

    Tommy> I tried this in my stylesheet: <xsl:value-of
    Tommy> select="unparsed-text('help/print.html', 'iso-8859-1')"
    Tommy> disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

1) Don't use disable-output-escaping - it's deprecated, so if Mike
   decides to suddenly remove support from it from Saxon 8, which he is
   entitled to do so, your stylesheet will suddenly stop
   working. Likewise if you try to use another XSLT 2.0 processor, it
   might not work.
2) 'help/print.html' is a relative URI (it does not start with a
   protocol (i.e. there is no colon within the string)), so it must be
   resolved relative to the base URI.
   So, what is your base URI? If it is one that doesn't support
   relative URIs (such as a URN), then this would explain the message.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire