[xsl] Re: FO questions

Subject: [xsl] Re: FO questions
From: Jim Melton <jim.melton@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 13:16:55 -0700

At 1/7/2005 12:59 PM, senetex@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
---- End of SpamAssassin results

Hi!

I want to use this thread for all my questions about my diploma thesis, so i
won't produce a thread garbage ;)

Is it possible to put a fo:table inside an other fo:table --> fo:table node
inside a fo:table-cell node??

It is definitely possible to put an fo:table inside another fo:table.

An other question about Apache FOP 0.2.5: I hope someone is using this tool! I
have an XML file witch i tranform with an XSL file into XSL:FO and as a result
into PDF. The output file should contain a fo:table with header and footer but
only the header is in the output file. I checked the XML output (raw xsl:fo
code) with XALAN and the fo:table-footer node is parsed trough but is not in the
PDF! What could be the error?

I don't use FOP (I use RenderX's XEP), but I would assume, based on your experience, that fo:table-footer is not supported by that particular version of FOP.

The XML input file contains tags with specific attributes about the position
inside the table --> dbOutputYPos for the row and dbOutputXPos for the cell.
These tags are unsorted in the file. With xsl:sort it is easy to sort them, but
i need to compare always the actual node with the previous one with XPATH
syntax. But this happens with document order and not with the sorted one! Is
there any possibility to change that?

No time to think about this...sorry.

I hope my questions are clear, sorry for the bad english, but I am from Austria ;)

Your English is much better than my German!

Greetings SeNeTeX

Hope this helps, Jim

Ein Service von http://www.networld.at

Jim Melton --- Editor of ISO/IEC 9075-* (SQL) Phone: +1.801.942.0144
Co-Chair, W3C XML Query WG; F&O (etc.) editor Fax : +1.801.942.3345
Oracle Corporation Oracle Email: jim dot melton at oracle dot com
1930 Viscounti Drive Standards email: jim dot melton at acm dot org
Sandy, UT 84093-1063 USA Personal email: jim at melton dot name
= Facts are facts. But any opinions expressed are the opinions =
= only of myself and may or may not reflect the opinions of anybody =
= else with whom I may or may not have discussed the issues at hand. =