[xsl] Unparsed-text and character conversion

Subject: [xsl] Unparsed-text and character conversion
From: "Jim Neff" <jneff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 12:41:10 -0500

Greetings,

I am having a problem with the unparsed-text function.

Here is my code:

   <xsl:variable name="input-text" as="xs:string"
select="unparsed-text($input, 'iso-8859-1')"/>

My input file has a value in it of "000060-"

My stylesheet is converting this to "6.60"

The real decimal value is supposed to be a "-6.00".

My hypothesis is the hyphen is the EBCDIC character which has the hex
equivalent of "60".  Oh, and did I mention this file is from an AS/400 ?

My question is how can I read this value without the character converting it
to the 60?

There is a bonus prize is someone can not only tell me how to read it as
6.00, but also determine the negative value within a stylesheet.

Thank you much, in advance,

Jim neff