Re: [xsl] how to understand a complex stylesheet

Subject: Re: [xsl] how to understand a complex stylesheet
From: Michael Norman <michael.norman@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 20:03:02 +0100

Hey Pieter.

Hi Michael,

If you have Visual Studio then you could try the Visual XSLT plug-in:
http://www.activestate.com/Products/Visual_XSLT/
I haven't worked with it, so I can't tell if you can load and visualize
existing stylesheets, but you can create them.

Thanks for pointing me to this page. I have tried some XSLT mappers allready, they are interesting to work with. What is funny, one can't load an existing stylesheet, provide two schemas and let the tool create all the visual references. This seems to be rather hard to program. So Mapping tools are, right now, only for creating XSL, not for visualizing existing one. But maybe this will change someday.
How usable they are, I can't tell you either. Has anyone made some experiences with these mappers?

bye,

Henning