[xsl] Finding and restructuring duplicate elements

Subject: [xsl] Finding and restructuring duplicate elements
From: Daniel Sweetness <crystal.geyser@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 18:14:16 +0000

Hi All,

I'm kind of new to this list, and prior to posting this question, I've
searched on http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/sect21.html for some
answers, but I was unable to come up with a good solution to my
problem. In fact, I'm not even sure if this is feasible.

I'm trying to simply identify a duplicate node within an element, and
restructure the tree when such is found.
For instance:

I want to transform this XML:

<A id=1>
    <AA id=1/>
    <AA id=2/>
</A>
<A id=2>
    <AA id=1>data1</AA>
    <AA id=2>text1</AA>    <<-- These two nodes to be split...
    <AA id=2>text2</AA>    <<-- These two nodes to be split...
</A>

TO:

<A id=1>
    <AA id=1/>