Re: [xsl] SVG Help

Subject: Re: [xsl] SVG Help
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:31:39 GMT

> Going off slightly at a tangent, could I use the same trick to avoid having
> to type xsl: throughout my stylesheets?

yes

> It would seem to work if my output is plain text but not if the output is an
> xml document.

It should work in either case. (Of course of you are using the default
namespace for xsl you have to be careful when generating unprefixed
literal result elements.

> I've never seen any examples where the xsl: namespace prefix is not used,
> would it be considered bad form anyway?

No, it's bad form to attatch any special meaning to a namespace prefix
(including xsl:) therefore using <stylesheet xmlns="..." is perfectly
OK.

David

http://www.star.net.uk