Re: [xsl] linux xslt debugger/ profiler

Subject: Re: [xsl] linux xslt debugger/ profiler
From: Dusan Zatkovsky <zatkovsky@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 13:19:05 +0200

On Friday 10 of September 2004 12:55, Michael Kay wrote:

> I tend to find that a detailed code inspection reveals the things
> that need changing, but I've never had to inspect a 500K
> stylesheet.
>
> Stylus Studio has a debugger that currently works with Saxon 6.5.3:
> watch this space for further announcements.

The stylesheet is so big because following:

Our project has one big (400k) XML file with some configurations, such
as names of services etc. Try to imagine this like table:
<services>
	<service>
		<id>1</id>
		<name>Service with very long name</name>
	</service>
	<!-- 100000000000000x againg withy different id and name -->
</services>

It is stored in config.xml.

Second, we are converting big data xml files using configuration. But
because our XML machine can't locally access filesystem and all xml
and xsl files are sent by TCP/IP, I can't use
document(href=config.xml) in my stylesheet and I must create local
copy of configurations as global variable. This is because stylesheet
is so big. But anyway, code transforming data is thousands lines big.

So, first step is {xslt processor} config.xml genstyle.xsl >
style.xsl, which creates copy of xslt code with global variable
containing config.xml and second step is transforming some data by
{xslt processor} verybigdata.xml style.xsl > output.txt.

--

S pozdravom,
Dusan Zatkovsky