[xsl] XSLT Doctype and XHTML output

Subject: [xsl] XSLT Doctype and XHTML output
From: karl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 15:13:54 -0600 (CST)

First:
The doctype I am trying to use looks like this:
   "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

I don't know how to get the Doctype to look like this in XSLT - current
form is:
<xsl:output Method="html" encoding="UTF-8" doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD
XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" />

I don't know where to add:  "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd" to the
above.

Second:
I am now using the ADODB Stream method to stream the result of the
transformation correctly and then perform an response.binarywrite.
However, lets say I'm interested in XHTML results so I add the following
namespace decleration to the stylesheet:

xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"

The encoding I specified in the xsl:output gets lost is this normal?

Third:
This is illegal?  (Doctype decleration in top-level node match)

<xsl:template match="/">
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"/>

(again, this is the doctype form I am trying to achieve)

Thanks,
Karl