Re: AW: [xsl] xsl:variable

Subject: Re: AW: [xsl] xsl:variable
From: Evan Wellens <evanw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:34:08 -0400

Many thanks , this has been driving me crazy..

At 05:23 PM 7/22/2004 +0200, you wrote:
> Von: Evan Wellens [mailto:evanw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
>          Hopefully I'm just missing something silly here.  I need to
> declare a variable that will be used globally and possibly
> modify if a
> condition occurs. Yet I cannot discern the syntax to do so ,
> any attempt
> seems to re-declare the variable.
>
> <xsl:variable name="pages" select="( $totalitems - $leftover ) div
> $pagesize "/>
> <xsl:if test="leftover &gt; 0 ">
>          <xsl:variable name="$pages" select="$pages  =$pages +1"/>
> </xsl:if>

it is a bit different than in most other languages but try the other way round, selecting only the value of the variable depending on the condition

<xsl:variable name="pages">
<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test="leftover &gt; 0">
<xsl:value-of select="($totalitems - $leftover) div $pagesize + 1"/>
</xsl:when>
<xsl:otherwise>
<xsl:value-of select="($totalitems - $leftover) div $pagesize"/>
</xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>
</xsl:variable>