Re: [xsl] samples/Trace/Trace.java compiling error

Subject: Re: [xsl] samples/Trace/Trace.java compiling error
From: George Cristian Bina <george@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:13:47 +0300

Hi Jun,

Probably a better place to ask Xalan specific questions is on Xalan user list [1].
A wild guess is that you are using Java 1.4 that bundles an older version of Xalan and you are getting the PrintTraceListener from there.
See [2] for more details.

[1] http://xml.apache.org/mail.html#xalan-j-users
[2] http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/faq.html#faq-N100CC

Hope that helps,
George
George Cristian Bina
<oXygen/> XML Editor & XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com

Jun Yuan wrote:
When I was compiling the Trace.java in sample/Trace directory, I got
the following error.

C:\xalan\samples\Trace>javac *.java Trace.java:62: cannot resolve symbol symbol : variable m_traceExtension location: class org.apache.xalan.trace.PrintTraceListener ptl.m_traceExtension = true; ^

But this class does contain a public m_traceExtension field. What's
wrong here? How can I fix it?

Thank you,

Jun