Re: [xsl] XSL extensions to use perl code

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL extensions to use perl code
From: Brian Chrisman <brian.chrisman@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 09:52:50 -0700

The XML::LibXSLT man page has an example of creating a foo:bar() function that ties into a perl coderef using the xslt object's register_function... The example returns local time. Also gives an XSLt example calling that function.
I haven't used this feature myself... sounds like kind an abomination...

Make sure you use XML::LibXSLT, not XML::XSLT... I'm not clear as to why XML::XSLT is distributed, considering it's huge limitations.

gustave loial wrote:

Hello everyone,

I've gone through quite a few treads that hover a
topic I'm interested in, and stuck with :
I need to call perl code during a XSL transformation.
A couple of messages were posted presenting D.
Veillard's libxml as a good candidate. I just couldn't
find a sample to start me up.
Can someone help me ?

Thanks in advance,

Eric
protheee at yahoo d0t com

PS : Why do I want to do that ?
Because the Perl code (that navigates in non-XML
files) is already there and works fine. I just need to
integrate it in the transformation.

PS 2 : Daniel, Si vous voyez ce message, un coup de
pouce est le bienvenu.