RE: [xsl] Escape caracters

Subject: RE: [xsl] Escape caracters
From: "SMITH Neil" <neil.smith@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 17:30:45 +0200

> From: Passin, Tom [mailto:tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
>
> > From: SMITH Neil [mailto:neil.smith@xxxxxxxx]
> >
> > The problem is that these caracters appear in the browser to
> > (ie and mozilla)... And this file is used to create a
> > report... So I can't really leave them... Do you want to have
> > a look at the XSL and XML documents? I maybe got something
> > wrong in one of them...
> >

> Yes, why don't you show us samples of the actual source, xslt, and
> resulting HTML which display the behavior?
>
> But please, try to simplify them down to just the core bit that displays
> the behavior!  Also, be sure to include the complete xsl:output element
> and any meta elements in the output html that specify the character set.
>
> Basically, it sounds like the browser you are viewing the file with is
> set for a different encoding than the html file is created in, like
> iso-8859-1 vs utf-8.  That could happen if the html file contains no
> meta element specifying the encoding.  Sometimes this ends up with the
> browser unable to show the correct characters.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tom P

Ok, here goes...

This is the XSL

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<xsl:template match="/">

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/>

<xsl:apply-templates select=".//RR_row"/>

</xsl:template>

etc...

This is the generated HTML

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/>

etc... And here is the caracter references...

Have a nice week-end!
Cheers
Neil.