Re: [xsl] exclude-result-prefixes issue

Subject: Re: [xsl] exclude-result-prefixes issue
From: "James A. Robinson" <jimr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 07:30:17 -0700

On Thu, 27 May 2004 07:22:34 -0700 I wrote:
<
< > Please disregard my last question.  I have managed to make it a little
< > further.  My problem now is my output looks like
<
< The way I normally generate XHTML is to declare all the important
< namespaces in the xsl:stylesheet, and then just let processor handle
< setting the namespaces in the top element. I don't use <xsl:element>

I'm sorry, I just realized I probably misunderstood your note, thinking
you wanted to drop the xmlns on the individual elements under the root.
But you don't, you want to mix and match, choosing which ones have xmlns
attributes and which don't?  May I ask if it's actually critical for
you to be declaring the other xmlns attributes later on down the
line? If declaring them all at the root somehow won't work for your
application?

Jim
James A. Robinson                       jim.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Stanford University HighWire Press      http://highwire.stanford.edu/