RE: [xsl] XHTML [WAS: Grouping into a table (for vertical alignment)]

Subject: RE: [xsl] XHTML [WAS: Grouping into a table (for vertical alignment)]
From: "Daniel Joshua" <daniel.joshua@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 17:53:31 +0800

With reference to http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#strict

>3.1.1. Strictly Conforming Documents
>A Strictly Conforming XHTML Document is an XML document that requires only
the facilities described as mandatory in this specification.
>Such a document must meet all of the following criteria:
>
>1. It must conform to the constraints expressed in one of the three DTDs
found in DTDs and in Appendix B.

>2. The root element of the document must be html.
>
>3. The root element of the document must contain an xmlns declaration for
the XHTML namespace [XMLNS].
>The namespace for XHTML is defined to be http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml. An
example root element might look like:

>4. There must be a DOCTYPE declaration in the document prior to the root
element.
>The public identifier included in the DOCTYPE declaration must reference
one of the
>three DTDs found in DTDs using the respective Formal Public Identifier.
>The system identifier may be changed to reflect local system conventions.
>
>5. The DTD subset must not be used to override any parameter entities in
the DTD.

I believe you meant the above criteria. However, even if document does not
strictly comply to the above, it should be still consider XHTML (just not
strictly-conformant XHTML) as long as it is well-formed HTML.

Well, I will the above changes to my stylesheet...

Regards,
Daniel