RE: [xsl] XSL node reference problem

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSL node reference problem
From: paul.bezault@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 14:09:30 +0200

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!

You're right, the problem was in the template chercheNode thank you very
very much !!!!!

                      a_l.delmelle@pand
                      ora.be                   To:       xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                               cc:
                      05/21/04 02:06 PM        Subject:  RE: [xsl] XSL node reference problem
                      Please respond to
                      xsl-list

Hi,

> <xsl:for-each select="$var1">
>   <xsl:copy-of select="./value"/>
>   <xsl:value-of select="./value"/>
>   <xsl:value-of select="*/value"/>
>   <xsl:copy-of select="*/value"/>
> </xsl:for-each>
>
> no-one of these lines give me a result ...

That is because in the chercheNode template:

> <xsl:template name="chercheNode">
>   <xsl:param name="nom"/>
>   <xsl:value-of select="descendant::*[ (self::struct or self::scalar) and
> label =$nom ]"/>
> </xsl:template>

you use value-of. If you use copy-of here, you'll find yourself closer to
the solution.

BTW: I'm not really sure why your variable is constructed by a
call-template.

It just seems like you could just as easily write:

<xsl:variable name="tata" select="descendant::*[
                            (self::struct or self::scalar)
                              and label='tata']" />

maybe replace the literal string with another variable/param.

Your variable will already be a node-set, so no need to convert it using
ext:node-set().

HTH!

Greetz,

Andreas

The sender's email address has changed to
firstname.lastname@ sgcib.com. You may want to update your
personal address book. Please see http://www.sgcib.com for more
information.
                               **
This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential
and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorised use or
dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates
shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.
                         ***************
L'adresse mail  de votre correspondant a change en prenom.nom@ sgcib.com.
Il est recommande de mettre a jour votre carnet d'addresse
personnel.Pour plus d'informations, aller  sur http://www.sgcib.com
                               **
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message")
sont confidentiels et etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses
destinataires. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est
interdite. Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration.
La SOCIETE GENERALE et ses filiales declinent toute
responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, modifie
ou falsifie.