RE: [xsl] XSL node reference problem

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSL node reference problem
From: paul.bezault@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 12:42:09 +0200

" XML is case sensitive. If you use upper case in the source document, you
must use upper case in the stylesheet.

Are you expecting to find one node or several? Because xsl:value-of (in
XSLT
1.0) will always give you the contents of the first selected node. "

it's not a problem of case sensitivity because all is in low case, i have
send you a bad copy of my XML file, excuse me !

" The variable $tata is a result tree fragment. In XSLT 1.0 the operand of
xsl:for-each must be a node-set, so this construct should fail. Some
products implement a feature of the XSLT 1.1 and 2.0 working drafts,
whereby
$tata is treated as the root node of a tree. In this case you wouldn't get
an error, but you would get no data back, because this root node does not
have a child element named "value". You would be closer if you used copy-of
rather than value-of; you could then do xsl:value-of select="*/VALUE" (the
*
picks up a node called STRUCT or SCALAR). "

you're right i've some problem with tree fragment so i have use :

<xsl:variable name="var1" select="xalan:nodeset($tata)"/>

so $var1 is a node-set and the for-each does his work but

<xsl:for-each select="$var1">
  <xsl:copy-of select="./value"/>
  <xsl:value-of select="./value"/>
  <xsl:value-of select="*/value"/>
  <xsl:copy-of select="*/value"/>
</xsl:for-each>

no-one of these lines give me a result ...

The sender's email address has changed to
firstname.lastname@ sgcib.com. You may want to update your
personal address book. Please see http://www.sgcib.com for more
information.
                               **
This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential
and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorised use or
dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates
shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.
                         ***************
L'adresse mail  de votre correspondant a change en prenom.nom@ sgcib.com.
Il est recommande de mettre a jour votre carnet d'addresse
personnel.Pour plus d'informations, aller  sur http://www.sgcib.com
                               **
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message")
sont confidentiels et etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses
destinataires. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est
interdite. Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration.
La SOCIETE GENERALE et ses filiales declinent toute
responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, modifie
ou falsifie.