Re: [xsl] Help: Reasons to use XML/XSL ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Help: Reasons to use XML/XSL ?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 14:27:29 +0100

> What's the real benefit of learning and using XSD, XML, AND XSLT?  -
> especially over a simple process like Perl/DBI....and why ?

Firstly you don't need to use XSD schema to use XSLT. Most people don't
and XSLT 1 isn't schema-aware so even if you do use both, you can't
really use them together.

As for whether Perl or XSLT is a better language for your particular
transformation. Who can say? If you are familiar with perl and just
learning XSLT you are likely to find it easier in Perl. I find English
easier than French, but I think that's more to do with my background
than anything about the languages. I also find XSLT easier than perl
but that is also something to do with my background.

David

--
The LaTeX Companion
  http://www.awprofessional.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=0201362996