RE: [xsl] killing xslt

Subject: RE: [xsl] killing xslt
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 16:38:42 +0100

> >The sad part of this is that it pretty well kills XSLT on
> the browser, which
> >always held out so much promise if only the interoperability
> problems could
> >be sorted out.
>
> Is that really an issue? I work in the technical
> documentation field

Sure, there are plenty of scenarios where XSLT processing on the server,
either at publishing time or at delivery time, makes excellent sense, which
is why I don't think lack of MS support will matter too much. But it's sad
to lose the original vision of delivering XML to the browser. There are
applications, such as data visualization, that work really well with
client-side XSLT.

Michael Kay