Re: [xsl] Removing namespaces

Subject: Re: [xsl] Removing namespaces
From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 23:20:14 +0200

Marcus Andersson wrote:

Julian Reschke wrote:

> Note that "urn:#MyHelperToGetData" is a really poor namespace name, as

it's not even a legal URI. (no, that doesn't affect XSLT processing).

In what way isn't it a legal URI? (just curious since I don't know but I know all characters are legal (at least according to a WROX book I read))

For "urn:#MyHelperToGetData" to be a legal URI reference, "urn:" would need to be a legal URI. It isn't, because it's scheme-dependant part is empty (and even if is was, it would be an illegal URN because it doesn't have a URN NID, see RFC2141).

Regards, Julian