RE: [xsl] measuring bulk performance & turn around times of XSL t ransformations? ideas for: XML to XML, XML to HTML, XML to FO (then to PD F)

Subject: RE: [xsl] measuring bulk performance & turn around times of XSL t ransformations? ideas for: XML to XML, XML to HTML, XML to FO (then to PD F)
From: Pieter Reint Siegers Kort <pieter.siegers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 12:50:15 -0500

Hi Abhishek,

You could start searching the archives using the word 'performance'.

Also check http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect4/N9883.html.

> How have you (if ever) measured or tried to measure the performance of the
transformations?

Utilities like XSelerator show you the time needed to do when doing XML
parse, XSL parse, and XSL Transformation time. Very useful. I used various
techniques to process XML and compared those times using MSXML 4.0 (you can
use other processors by simply adding them to the Environmental options).

I have been doing some performance testing, but only on two processors sofar
(MSXML 4.0 and .NET's XslTransform). Don't know which you're using?

Cheers,
<prs/>
http://www.pietsieg.com
http://www.pietsieg.com/dotnetnuke
Contributor on www.ASPToday.com
Co-author on "Professional ASP.NET XML with C#", July 2002 by Wrox Press