RE: [xsl] Parameters in localized messages

Subject: RE: [xsl] Parameters in localized messages
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 12:51:47 +0100

> want to replace the <param/> elements with the current value,
> using an
> xslt stylesheet, similar to:
>
> <xsl:call-template name="getString">
>    <with-param name="id" select="msgContact"/>
>    <with-param name="name" select="{$name}"/>
> </xsl:call-template>

The value of the select attribute must be an XPath expression.

msgContact is an XPath expression - it means child::msgContact, and selects
a child element of the context node. I think you wanted to pass a string:
select="'msgContact'".

{$name} is not an XPath expression. XPath expressions never contain an "{".
Curly braces are used only in attribute value templates, to separate an
XPath expression from surrounding text. I think you wanted to pass the value
of the variable $name: use select="$name".

Michael K\y