RE: [xsl] Symbol handling in XSLT

Subject: RE: [xsl] Symbol handling in XSLT
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 13:11:52 -0000

When using MSXML (or any other processor, but the MSXML API seems to
encourage the problem), the xsl:output encoding has no effect unless the
encoding is actually performed by the XSLT processor. If you write to a
destination such as a DOM document or a String, then the XSLT processor
writes characters, not bytes, and the final translation to bytes is done by
someone else, downstream.

Michael Kay